This course focuses on the control of power electronic converters. It has four parts:
- Power quality control;
- Islanded autonomous operation;
- Grid-friendly inverters/virtual synchronous machines.
- Understand the degradation mechanisms of power quality;
- Master at least one control strategy to deal with harmonics;
- Master robust droop control strategy to achieve autonomous islanded operation;
- Understand the synchronverter technology that makes inverters behave like conventional synchronous generators;
- Learn different strategies to regulate the power flow between converters and the grid;
- Understand the importance of synchronization and common synchronization strategies;
- Get familiar with computational simulations tools for power electronic systems;
- Enhance the awareness on industrial developments and standards.