- Dr. Mohammad Amin was awarded the IEEE S&Y Paper Assistance Competition Award at IECON 2018, Washington D.C., USA, October, 2018.
- Droop-Controlled Rectifiers that Continuously Take Part in Grid Regulation
IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics
Authors: Prof. Qing-Chang Zhong and Mr. Zijun Lyu
- Nov 14 – Dr. Ned Mohan, Oscar A. Schott Professor of Power Electronics and Systems at the University of Minnesota, IEEE Fellow, member of National Academy of Engineering, a Regents Professor, visits our group.
- Oct 31 – More than 130 researchers in the area of energy, power and control attend the NSF Workshop on Power Electronics-enabled Operation of Power Systems.
- Aug 20 – Prof. Zhong (PI) receives an ERC planning grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF) for ERC for Communication-network-free, Autonomous, Renewable Electric Power Systems (CARE).
- Aug 15 – Prof. Zhong (PI) receives a grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF) for the Workshop on Power Electronics-enabled Operation of Power Systems.
- Aug 14 – McGraw Foundation visits our group.